How to Make Faith Based Choices
In order to make faith based choices we need to have faith that our choices are in God’s will. First, giving our will over to the Lord in the choices we are about to make and then having faith that it is the Lord’s will that is being carried out. Faith is simply trusting in God that he will make the right choice on our behalf whatever he decides and whatever the outcome.
Here are some steps to take in making these faith based choices.
- Go to the Lord in prayer and give your will over to him in the choices you are about to make.
- Have faith that God is making the right choices for you.
- Have the confidence and courage to carry out these choices in spite of the fear you may have.
- The only way to have courage to overcome this fear is by having faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that he is with you to protect you and only has your best interests in mind.
- Do not doubt the choices you have made in God’s will (for you have already given your will over to God in making the choice for you).
- Proverbs 3:5 says,
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.
So you can see by giving your will over to God and having faith and courage to carry out those choices without doubting, that you will be making those faith based choices with the Lord. This can only lead to a closer relationship with God, for the Lord Jesus truly loves you and he knows what is best for you. So give your will to the Lord and watch how he works in your life.