How to Simplify Your Life
As our days are filled with apprehension, time constraints and escalating responsibilities, it becomes difficult to find peace. Our priorities become clouded as growing demands from work, family, friends and extra-curricular activities spiral out of control.
Perhaps you are concerned with even taking the time to read this article as your mind swirls with thoughts of other responsibilities and chores that are waiting for you. Take this moment to hear what Jesus has to say about simplifying our lives and easing our burdens:
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-29
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. – Matthew 5:4
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34
Lift up and turn over your burdens to Jesus. The weight of your burdens may be too heavy for you to bear alone. Jesus reminds us that we are NOT alone and we do not need to carry the weight of our burdens and worries.
Consider the following guidelines for strengthening your relationship with God and therefore simplifying the demands of daily life:
- Begin and end your day with prayer.
- Give your will to Jesus and ask Him to take control of all aspects of your life. How the blessings will multiply when the burdens are no longer yours alone to bear!
- To find true fulfillment, remember and live by these priorities:
- No matter how difficult the situation that you face, hold strong to your faith and values.
- If the everyday demands of your work and home life leave you exhausted, do not fill up your schedule with extra-curricular activities that become burdensome. Remember, these activities are meant to be fun and stress-relieving. If they begin to feel more like a burden and add stress to your lives — it might be time to cut back.